Courageous Conversations - December 2022
- What is a courageous conversation?
- When is a courageous conversation most important?
Components of a courageous conversation
- What stops us from communicating effectively on difficult topics?
- Barriers to communication
- Killer phrases
- What can we do to minimise these?
The skills required for communicating courageously
- The art of asking questions
- The skills of assertiveness
- Interpreting the non-verbal components
- Managing your emotional response
- Responding versus reacting
- Understanding your power and authority
- Using influencing skills for better outcomes
Planning for courageous conversations
- Negotiating ground rules
- Define the desired outcomes of the conversation
- Establish mutually acceptable boundaries
The ORACAP model
- The model in action
- Self management after a courageous conversation
At the end of this program, participants will:
- Understand the importance of having a courageous conversation
- Be able to use and interpret the non-verbal components of communication
- Be able to listen actively
- Understand and utilising your power and authority
- Be able to communicate more assertively
- Be able to use questions more effectively in difficult communications
- Be able to manage the emotions of both parties more effectively, and
- Be able to effectively plan for difficult communications.
5 December 2022 - 9:30 am
Price per person
Fundamental Training & Development
Mon, 5 December 2022 - 9.30am to 1.00pm
Tues, 6 December 2022 - 9.30am to 1.00pm
Zoom - Online