Mentoring & Coaching - November 2022
Overview of mentoring and coaching
- What is mentoring and what is coaching?
- What has worked and what has not so far?
Key questions around mentoring
- What mentoring and coaching are and what they are not?
- What is my role and what is the role of those I am mentoring?
- Attributes of a good mentor and coach
- Useful skills for a mentor or coach
Structuring the mentoring or coaching relationship
- How to structure a mentoring or coaching relationship
- Setting the boundaries
- Conducting a structured session
Tools and techniques for effective mentoring and coaching
- Active listening
- Self reflection
- Common mistakes mentors make
Closing a mentoring relationship
At the end of this program, participants will:
- Appreciate what a mentor is and the importance of this role
- Understand what makes for an effective mentor
- Gain an appreciation of the difference between mentoring conversations and other conversations in the workplace
- Develop a structure for your mentoring role
- Utilise a range of essential mentoring skills
- Close a mentoring relationship effectively
21 November 2022 - 9:30 am
Price per person
Fundamental Training & Development
Mon, 21 November 2022 - 9.30am to 1.00pm
Tues, 22 November 2022 - 9.30am to 1.00pm
Zoom - Online